A Gift for a special Birthday


Today is my mums birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mum xxx. So its a special birthday. Shes going to hate me for showing this photo as since then she's lost about 3stone, but I love this one, it has such happy memories of a wonderful time we had on one of the times when her and dad came to visit this was May 2002, mum and I were in our bedroom, looking at stash, and we were teasing each other and having such a laugh, I think this picture shows what a happy lady my mum is - Love you!!
This is what I made mum for her birthday, its a hanging pillow which I stitched on lavender checked evenweave (28ct), I stitched it with the DMC linen thread, I quite liked the thread, though it does tend to make your stitches uneven which was a bit of a draw back, but I think the overall result was quite good, I know mum received it in the post yesterday but when I rang this morning to wish her Happy Birthday she hadn't opened her gifts as she was waiting for tonight when she was going to go to my sisters for a birthday party tea with my nephew and niece as they like to help open gifts.

Link

15 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! That is a great gift you sent her, I'm sure she will love it.

Von said...

Happy birthday to your Mom :) It's wonderful to see your obvious love for each other. She's going to be thrilled with this sweet pillow!!

mainely stitching said...

Happy birthday, Veronica!

Su, I love this picture of your mom - it makes me want to laugh right along with her! Your gift for her is adorable, too.

What's a stone in pounds or kilos? I have always wondered that.

Susimac said...

LOL!!

16 ounces make a pound and 14 pounds make a stone, so mum lost about 42 pounds (the same as I did last year)

There are 2.2lbs ( I think) to a kilo or is it 2.2kg to a pound now thats where I get confused.

Kitty Couture said...

That is such a lovely gift! Funny coincidence isn't it (I'm thinking of the comment you wrote me yesterday! ;))

(A pound is a bit less than half a kilo. 3 stones (or 42 lbs) are 19 kilos.)

Shell said...

great photo, hope she had a lovely day.The little pillow is sweet ,love the fabric.I bought some of the new DMC flower thread but have not used it yet.

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for all your good wishes.....I love the pillow Su made me....its now hanging in my bedroom. Thanks Su Loves You from Mumxx

AuntSuze said...

Your mom's picture sure put a smile on my face! Happy Birthday to her :) Beautiful gift.

Cathy B said...

I hope your mom had a great day! Such a thoughtful gift - I love it!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Love the picture of your Mum. The little pillow you did was great too. I've been curious about that linen DMC thread. CJ

Carol said...

Aw Su - what a lovely gift! And that is such an adorable photo of your Mum :-) It is so clear how much you adore her!

Singular Stitches said...

Your Mum is adorable!!! I'm sure she'll love the beautiful gift you made for her.

Happy Birthday to Mum!!

Rachael said...

Veronica- if you read this - A Very Happy birthday to you!! Hope you had a lovely Day

Leeland said...

Your mom looks so nice on this photo! I can understand why you treasure it, and her!
This is a very pretty gift! Did you enjoy stitching with linen thread? Is it any different from cotton thread, apart fom uneven stitches?
Take care!

Dianne said...

Darn, I hate missing saying Happy Birthday-esp to your mum and the next stitcher on my NRR. ; )
What a sweet piece you made for her.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin