For Myself



EDITED 18/12/06 - FRANCOISE HAS LET ME KNOW THAT THE CHART AND DESIGNER IS La Petite Brodeuse" BY d'Anagram Diffusion - Thankyou Francoise I appreciate that.
My friend Maria found this chart sent me it and it arrived last weekend, and you know when you get something and you just have to do it, well this is one of them, as soon as I saw her I had to stitch her. Does any-one know who the designer is?? we certainly don't and there is nothing on the chart giving any clues, its just literally a chart, so if anyone knows can you let me know. I've called her 'Molly' and as you can see she's got her stitching in her hands.

I have stitched her on 32ct vintage linen 1/2 using Vicky Clayton silk called Heartwood which is a wonderful reddish brown




I rushed round to the hobby shop this afternoon and I have framed and mounted her myself, the frame is avery, very dark red, almost black colour and I used a plain deep red mount, which I added some crochet lace all the way round, as when it was plain it didn't look right at all. I'm going to get Mark to put some hooks in the back to frame her and hopefully she will be hung on the wall tonight.

24 comments:

lena-lou said...

It is lovely Su, you probably like it so much cos it looks quite like our Amy doesn't it! I like how you have framed her the lace finishes it off perfectly :-))

Anonymous said...

Oh Su this is just so beautiful! It looks like you got it and stitched it quickly! Your framing is really pretty too!! I wish I knew who the designer is as well! It is such a pretty picture!! Debby

Anonymous said...

What a pretty project!

Stitcher said...

That's a lovely finish Su. I know what you mean about 'you just have to stitch it there and then'. That happened to me too. Although I've not blogged about it yet.

Anonymous said...

She looks lovely Su! Very different to the usual charts we all get :) A lovely job with the framing too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is beautiful! Sorry can't help you with any details of her but isn't she pretty!

Anonymous said...

she's lovely!!
i really like the lace you added to the mount....great job!

Anonymous said...

she looks great! I love how you framed it.

Toukan äiti said...

She's adorable! I would have stitched her right away too :) I hope you find out who the designer is. I also like how you framed her. The lace really gives it a wonderful finishing touch.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful Su.

Oh email me your address and as you've been a fairly good girl, creme brulee will wing its way in time for Christmas ;)

Arthemise said...

She's gorgeous! And your framing job is really superb. The lace does add a lot to it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I can't help you with the designer. But I have to say this design is really beautiful and I'm curious to know the designer too. Beautiful framing...

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I would love to stitch this so I'm curious who the designer is and how to 'find' it. I think the lace is the perfect touch to a beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I would love to stitch this so I'm curious who the designer is and how to 'find' it. I think the lace is the perfect touch to a beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I would love to stitch this so I'm curious who the designer is and how to 'find' it. I think the lace is the perfect touch to a beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

The simplicity of this chart makes it really stunning and the lace really adds to it. I can see why you couldnt wait to stitch her Sue she is beautiful, and btw Molly suits her.

Anonymous said...

The simplicity of this chart makes it really stunning and the lace really adds to it. I can see why you couldnt wait to stitch her Sue she is beautiful, and btw Molly suits her.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
sorry for my bad english... this chart is "La Petite Brodeuse" d'Anagram Diffusion.
Have a nice day,
Françoise

Anonymous said...

How beautifully vintage this looks. I love it and the way you framed it with the lace too. A perfect job!

Meari said...

Very pretty!

Dianne said...

Love this! I hope you find out the designer as I love vintage looking charts myself. Great stitching job.

Dianne said...

Opps-I see where you added the design's name now.

Cathy B said...

Wow! Your framing is spectacular. What a stunning piece!

Anonymous said...

This little girl is beautiful !!!! Congratulations ! I understand the title of your post now...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin