The tour begins


I thought I would start my tour with my lounge, its so hard to take photos of it, I have struggled a little so that I could try and give you an overview, but it was difficult, I hope that you like the snippets that I show, otherwise you will all just have to come and visit and see it for real LOL!

Let me start with yet another cushion, remember me?!! I stitched this pretty EEF design a little while ago, and mum suggested finishing it as a cushion, and this is the finished result.

Next up is the view when you walk through to the lounge on the right hand side of the room. The footstool mum and I recovered together, we had fun doing it.

Would you like a view of the little vignette I did in the corner - yes? Ok here it comes

Next up more of my cushions that Mum and I made together, it was mums idea to add the MoP buttons to the sides of this cushion,

Transfer was a freebie on the web, fabric from IKEA.

The mantle view - Stocks from Marks & Spencer, candles from Melt, light from Ikea


The opposite side of the room, print is by Sue Fenlon - a wonderful artist who lives in Northumbria, I have another above the other sofa


A close up of the Love Pillow that Mum made for me, we saw these when browsing one day in a posh shop and they were £80 each, so mum said she would make me one.


View through the looking glass

I hope you enjoyed the look around my lounge, its very very different to what it was before as I had a gold suite and deep cushions and different mirror and artwork on the walls now I'm very happy with it as it feels like my space. Of course there are things I would still love to change - I would love to remove the carpet and have wood flooring put down, I would also love to change the fireplace and fire, but I can't do that, so this is my finish, I can't wait now for Christmas and to change the way it looks again LOL!

36 comments:

Nic said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of your home - it looks how I imagined it from your stitching, very feminine and pretty, with lovely attention to detail!

Vaida said...

Thanks for excursion! I love the look of your lounge - all these nice pillows, glass, small details - they fit so nicely together

Lesleyanne said...

What a beautiful lounge. I love everything.

Christine said...

You have a beautiful home.

I adore the "love" pillow. Do you mind if I pinch your idea for the tote bags I make?

Siobhán said...

What a cozy and inviting lounge. Beautiful! I liked the garden tour, too. :)

Moreen said...

Your lounge looks lovely really ,I cam imagine sitting and sewing there.
Your pillows are gorgeous especially the "LOVE" one.

Margaret said...

I love your lounge! It's so light and comfy and cozy! Thank you for sharing with us! You're so lucky to have a crafty mom to share crafting with.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Thanks for taking us on a tour of your lounge. Your color palette is so soft and lovely. It looks like a lovely room to relax ans stitch.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Thanks for having us over... I love the light, cozy feeling!

Carol R said...

Thank you for the invite into your lounge Su - it's so calm and serene and looks very comfortable indeed!

Nancy said...

I have been looking forward to your tour Su! Your lounge is beautiful - very elegant and very comfortable at the same time! Your Mum certainly has some creative ideas - I love the buttons on the transfer pillow and the love pillow. You have a lovely home! I'll look forward to visiting with you again soon.
P.S. Where on the net do you find the free transfers?

Terri said...

What a beautiful room! It looks so cozy and inviting! Thanks for sharing!

Nina said...

How wonderful photos you have taken, Su! I am enjoying seein them :)
And I adore the EEF pillow, gorgeous work!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It's gorgeous, Su - so pretty and feminine, and exactly as I pictured it would be. You have such a wonderful eye for detail!

Now, I'll have to make a trip to England to stay with you! LOL

Karan said...

Oh I do love your makeover -beautiful! Fabulous cushions too. You would do brilliantly in a new career as an interior designer.... & I'd be your first customer. :0)

The French Bear said...

Beautiful!!! It looks so inviting and peaceful....love the pillows!
I do miss M&S, I loved to shop there, we used to have them in Canada but sadly no more.
Love the pillow your Mum made!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Blu said...

Thanks for the tour. You have such a beautiful lounge.

Melissa said...

What a lovely tour that was! Your lounge and your work are wonderful!

Dovilė said...

looks gorgeous:)

angelasweby said...

Su, it's beautiful and so different to when I saw it three years ago. I love the light airiness of it and the wonderful subtle elegance of your furnishings. The pillows are so pretty and the use of mirrors in your photography is really clever:>)
With your mum's and your creative talents you can't go wrong - ever thought of starting up a company together :>)
Angela xx

Annemarie said...

I have every intention of seeing this lovely, lovely room in person one day, Su! Ah, it does look fabulous. And peaceful! I love that little Ikea lamp. Had one myself, but Pantoef liked it as well and smashed it to smithereens the first chance he got :o(

Carol said...

You have a beautiful cosy lounge Su - I can just picture you sat there being all creative! The love pillow your Mum made for you is gorgeous too! :o)

Rachel said...

It's good to have your own and your mother's work all around you!

Giovanna said...

I've just caught up with your posts - glad you're doing well. You have a beautiful garden and an absolutely charming living room!

Unknown said...

What a lovely room! Is there where you spend your time stitching? The 'love' pillow your mom made is wonderful! I see where you get your talent.

Enjoy your week!

Julie said...

A beautiful place to sit and relax, it looks so 'homely'

Teri said...

Loved the tour of your beautiful room; the soft colors are fabulous. The handmade pillows add such a lovely touch. Thanks for the photos!

cerato said...

Thank you for the tour.
Hugs

Brigitte said...

Such lovely pictures, and they give a good idea of your wonderful home. It was nice to take a look.

Sally said...

It's lovely to see you back Su. I have missed your posts. Your lounge looks absolutely beautiful.

Karoline said...

Your lounge looks gorgeous, thanks for shareing

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What a beautiful room! I love how soft and feminine it is - all the pretty pillows are just wonderful!

Andrea said...

A beautiful room. Looks a very relaxing atmosphere.

Mary said...

The room is just lovely! I enjoyed seeing the pics from the garden as well.

Deb said...

Well done, Su!! Your spaces are so reflective of who you truly are, and they are serene, feminine and beautiful. Also, they are welcoming and cozy. Who wouldn't love stitching, reading and having tea with a friend at your home. Wonderful job decorating! Hugs :]

Patricia Lessell said...

Absolutely stunning. What a gorgeous room with gorgeous things in it. Love the cushions and the stitching, oh and just everything.
Love
Patti xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin