'Tis the gift

Photobucket


When my order arrived from Thread Bear the other week I just couldn't decide which of the La-De-Da charts I had ordered to start on first, but I decided I wanted to stitch 'Tis the Gift', I just loved the wee poem and the design as always from La-De-Da is both simple and elegant.

I've just finished it and so its hot off the ironing board after a quick press. I have stitched it on 32ct sand linen using GAST & WDW threads, mostly the design actuals, but I did change the pink outline of the flowers to a warmer richer colour than was suggested. This is another I think I will frame.

I hope that everyone has had a good weekend, we have!! It was my friend Gills birthday last Thursday and we all went out for a meal last night to a lovely little restaurant at Wasdale, here is a picture of us all after we had finished the meal.

Photobucket


Whose who?? I hear you ask, well the birthday girl is sat behind me at the back and her partner JB is opposite her, then its me and opposite is my Mark.
In front of me is my SIL Dawn (Marks sister) and opposite her is her husband Jim, and in the front is my friend Helen, with her husband John.

27 comments:

zetor said...

What a lovely photo. You all look as though you have had a good night.

Katrina said...

It's so sweet. I don't remember ever seeing this piece but I've added it to my wishlist :-). Congrats on the finish.

mainely stitching said...

Great choice in designs, Su! And what a happy photo!! :D

doris said...

As always, another gorgeous project! Looks like everyone had a great evening.

Daffycat said...

Really sweet finish, Su! Congratulations!

Julie said...

A super pic, you look like a friendly bunch! Hope you had a fun time. Happy Birthday to your friend.

A beautful finish.

Patricia Lessell said...

I love what you stitched and this is a really lovely photo and showed what a great time you all had. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Theresa said...

Beautiful finish on your La-D-Da piece!!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful night!!!!

Erica said...

I love 'Tis the Gift!
I stitched it last year but I still don't have it framed.
Yours came out lovely!

Melissa said...

Whatever you stitch, Su, always look more wonderful than the photo on the chart and makes me want to stitch the same!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Love the La D Da stitch ~ it really looks beautiful; I think I'll have to get that one.

Love the pic of you and your DH and friends. What a happy, fun bunch!

Peace,
Terri

Kim B said...

Such a sweet poem! What a beautiful project!

Karol said...

What a beautiful finish! Looks like you had a great evening with friends and family.

Yuko said...

What a beautiful photo!
Your SIL Dawn looks so happy and she is lovely, isn't she!
I love your La-D-Da so much, it's so beautiful!!
To see your blog is one of my favourite thing in my normal life!! :)

Nic said...

What a beautiful finish!

Christine said...

Wow! I really like that La D Da design. Great to see a picture of you and put a face to the name too. Looks like you had a great night

Brigitte said...

Su, I love your new La-D-Da finish. It's a very nice design but then all the La-D-Da designs are just loevly. It's high time that I start stitching one of mine.
Very nice to see your picture, Su. It must have been a wonderful evening out.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

What a darling piece. I love the colors.

It's nice to go out for a birthday dinner with a group of friends. I'm glad you had a nice night.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful, and you stitched it so fast too! Love the picture of you all, and the fob you made for Angela is so sweet.

Nancy said...

This is most definitely frame worthy! What a beautiful sampler.

Such a happy and fun looking group of people. It must have been a very enjoyable time.

Lucy said...

You are look full and happy...you're finish is lovely also.

staci said...

A delightful and delicate finish! And a terrific photo, looks like you guys had a fantastic time :)

Loreta said...

Such a great finish! The colors are so beautiful!
Happy Birthday to your friend:)

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous Su, congratulations

Olga said...

What a lovely finish! Looks like you had a great party!

Annemarie said...

Another La-D-Da lovely, Su! I'm planning on some serious La-D-Da stash purchasing myself (thanks to you).
Lovely pic of the dinner party!

Dovilė said...

this La-D-Da designs just lovely, very nice finish:)
Happy birthday to your friend:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin