Snow Days


I finished this up yesterday evening. Its a small kit by one of my favourite designers Shepherds Bush. Its called 'Snow Days'. The snowman is stitched on 32ct natural linen, using soi d'alger thread. It is supposed to have an outer border but I didn't like it much so I frogged it out. I made it up into a small ornament. I couldn't decide on the trim to begin with, but as its such a lovely delicate design I didn't want to swamp it with cording or the backing fabric so I had some small pearl bead trim which I thought went really well as the beads which is supposed to be snow are petite beads so that decided for me the trim. Although the wee beads on the fabric which is the snow do not show up very well on the photo.I backed it using a soft blue check flannelette fabric.
I really enjoyed stitching this and I just might do another.

Joy of joys today was also a stash day, the stash delivery man (postman should I say), finally brought me Marks 'Woodland walk' pattern which I'm really pleased about. Now I am definitely changing the aida fabric, I'm going to have a look in my stash and see if I can find one I like better and of course for me it will be either linen or evenweave.
">Link


1 comment:

Juanita said...

This is a lovely ornament. Great job!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin