No Bees No honey progress




I thought I would show you my progress on No Bees, No Honey,by Birds of a Feather I am currently stitching this, and started during last week I have chosen to stitch it 1/1 on 32ct evenweave, I am using the piece I received from the WFC exchange and its called Highland, - its lovely to work on. I have changed a few of the colours as I didn't have them in my stash, but I do think my colour choices are OK, maybe the hive isn't as bright as it should be, but I prefer the colour I used. All the threads are hand-dyes a mixture of GAST, WDW, Heavenly Hues & Ozark Sampler and finally a DMC. Progress is a little slower on an evening as I don't use a magnifier, - no wonder I wear glasses LOL!! But I have been wanting to do this for so long and the urge took over, hopefully I'll have it finished by next weekend and then I will start back on my Neighbourhood RR.

EDIT NOTE: I have been requested to list what changes I made for the threads so here goes.

Leaves: Substituted with Celery - GAST and kept Advocado
Flowers - substitured with Heavenly Hues Carnation Kept Burnt orange
Hive - Substituted with Schneckley - WDW & Old Gold - Ozark Sampler
Writing - Schneckley -WDW and Kept Maple Syrup
Substituted Tropical Ocean with a similar colour I had in my stash but haven't a clue what its called and who its by.
Alphabet substituted some letters with WDW - Beige

16 comments:

Rachael said...

I love this piece. I have been wanting to do it for a while and thought my Mom was sending me the chart for Xmas- she didn't, but it is definitly on my list of charts to aquire. The colors you are using are lovely. Can't wait to see it finished

Barbara said...

Su, I REALLY like this! I've got this one in my stash, too, and have been torn whether to do it for myself or my mom. Doing it over one is a great idea! How small will it be when complete?

Kiwi Jo said...

It's beautiful! And your colour choices look great on my computer screen :)

Susimac said...

Barbara - It'll be around 4 1/2 inches maybe 5 inches when completed, I like as you know doing things 1/1 and this was one design I thought suited it.

Isabelle said...

Wow Su, that's lovely!! Great colour choices too. Beautiful work!

AnneS said...

Oh wow, this one is truly stunning - I absolutely adore it! You're right, the over-1 suits it down to the ground ... just gorgeous :))

Cathy said...

You're making great progress on No Bees, No Honey. I really enjoy visiting your blog!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

I love this pattern from Birds of a Feather. Your over one work is amazing, Very impressed.
Happy Stitching,
CJ

Annemarie said...

Wow Su, this looks gorgeous! Great work. You and your bees... Picking a design for our RR really isn't that difficult, you know :o)

KarenV said...

Great progress! I like your colour choices, they all complement each other very nicely.

Shell said...

it looks very pretty,I have this chart too in my stash and would like to start on it now I have seen yours.The colours look much more darker on the photo that came with the chart that is what put me off a little.I like your colour changes ,if you get time can you post your changes.

Lili said...

This is a very beautiful project! And the threads you're using are dreams! Hugs!

Romy said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous, one over one!!!
Wonderful work!!

BeckySC said...

I love it-it's looking great!-I have had this in my stash forever and REALLY should stitch it :)

Thanks for sharing :)

Joanie said...

I love this pattern! I have it in my stash forever too....your's looks lovely and I love your palette changes.

Thanks for sharing (and enabling cause I am going to dig it out of my stash...)

Danielle said...

This is lovely!! I have this design in my stash and it is all kitted up. Considering my slowness in stitching over one--I will stick to over two stitching. I love how this looks, though, over one!! Very nice!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin