Patchwork adventures Day 2

Day 2 of the patchwork course at Fobbles, was again so much fun, I finished all my strip cutting today, all 468 of them, I still have the borders to cut for my 108" quilt which will have 3 different sized borders a 2", 4" and 6" plus the casing, but I will probably start that on Thursday and finish at home. I did manage to stitch another 3 squares today so now I have 4 in total.

I wanted to show you some of the girls work, today is Sheila

Photobucket


Sheila is making the Christmas quilt, in wonderful shades of red and green

Photobucket


Aren't the colours just wonderful, this is some of her strips cut.

Photobucket


.... and here are some of her blocks stitched up, her blocks are a lot narrower width in strips than mine and she is using 9 different fabrics in both the red and the green, this is for her daughter for Christmas, I have forgotten sorry the name of this log cabin style of quilt, I'll check again tomorrow and find the answer, but this is a really lovely design.

Isn't Sheilas machine a super duper one, I love the wee table that it has, much better than my old one, the girls were laughing and teasing me (in a nice way) by saying today I will be wanting a new machine before long, but Barbara our tutor, bless her, said there was nowt wrong with mine, as she actually started quilting using an identical machine to my little old brother and that it will do me well. I am so enjoying the camaraderie of the group and the whole experience of the quilt making, More to show tomorrow and I'll take some pics too of more of my squares as they all look different to each other.
I am still stitching I have to take some pics of my AMAP progress and I have started another 'small' BBD.

9 comments:

Kim B said...

I love the Christmas theme!

Julie said...

The Christmas colors are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, Su!

Deb said...

It's so much fun to quilt, isn't it!? Your colorway on your earlier entry looks like the one I started as a strip quilt some months ago. Then, my arm and shoulder went bad..I'm looking forward to getting back into it in the Fall, hopefully. I'm a fabric fiend!! :E Hugs!

lena-lou said...

Is Sheila one of the ladies I met...just I thought she was? Love what she is doing it will be perfect for Christmas. That is some cutting out of strips that you have done today !! Looking forward to seeing your other blocks Su .

Enjoy the fun xx

Hazel said...

Ooooh yummy fabrics Su. I am so envious of you doing the patchwork. x

Márti said...

Super!!! :)

Enza said...

Wonderful work! ;) Enza

Nancy said...

I think it's fantastic that you are enjoying learning to quilt so much! It seems like cutting out that many strips might be the hard part!

Thanks for sharing the Christmas quilt. Won't that be a lovely gift.

Brigitte said...

I have just read about your first days at the patchwork course. It must have been wonderful - and more will follow. I love your Moda Jelly Roll with its delicate colours. Looking forward to seeing more of your log cabin blocks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin