A finish or two


Here is my Homespun Elegance finish, it was such a nice one to stitch and I had been promising myself for ages I would do it. Its called Olde Shaker Poem, I stitched it using the recommended threads (I know thats surprising for me) and its on 28ct linen done 2/2. I finished it last Friday and I intend to make it into a proper sized cushion, which if I've time I will do over the weekend.

Now my absence has partly been due to my sprained thumb which is feeling much better now thankyou, I did it on the seatbelt in our car, it keeps sticking and won't go in properly into the catch and so it got stuck and I got mad and the orange button thingy popped back out again and hit the top of my thumb and I twisted it, so I'm blaming Mark as its his car and I've been moaning about it for ages LOL!!

I saw thatCarol has made a start on my RR, and she is doing the PS Birdhouse which I really wanted and it looks brilliant, I was ever so chuffed about it when I saw that she was doing it for me.

I have been stitching the mailart for an exchange I'm involved in, I was going to post a picture but I haven't quite finished it and I don't want to spoil the surprise in case Sandra visits my blog (tho' I don't think she does) and posting out date is for the end of the month. I have also been stitching on the last leg of the DT RR,
I was left with Winter Spot as Wanda had chosen the seasonal spots for her RR, it was a nice one to stitch and only used 4 colours it was also very quick to stitch, I hope she likes it and the charm I have added. Marie-Louise has told me she is stitching mine at the moment, I can't wait for it to come home.
Now what else are my plans, I want to stitch Sheepish Designs - Ewe Alone and I still want to do Brighneedles - Friendship so I can't decide which to do this month and anyway I will always change my mind, I'm doing the Stitching Smalls SAL this month of Bunnies in the Garden, I hope to start that tomorrow and get my first weeks target completed by Sunday and I also have my ornie to stitch in the next week as I'm doing a SAL with Romyfor ornaments.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

You are one busy woman, sprained thumb or not! I haven't even started my Bunnies in the Garden ... truth be told, I signed up for it when it was supposed to be in March, then they switched it to April, which is a busy month for me. Still, I hope to keep up with it.

Cathy said...

I've been having trouble on and off with posting photos on Blogger too - frustrating, isn't it? Looking forward to seeing your pictures - I'm going to look up the HE Olde Shaker Poem - I'm not familiar with it, but I generally like all of her designs!

Von said...

Lots of projects listed here, you really are busy! Glad your thumb is feeling better and I hope Blogger decides to cooperate with you soon to get the pics loaded. :D

Karoline said...

Congratulations on the finishs, I hope the thumb makes a full recovery.

Helen said...

Hi Su, Poem is really nice as is your Drawn Thread finish....I do like those. Not only pictures that are playing up.....it wouldn't let me post a comment until 3rd time of trying.

Shell said...

lovely verse and the DT project looks cute.What a dedicated stitcher you are still stitching away even though you have a poorly thumb,hope it is better soon.

Romy said...

Congratulation on your beautiful finishes. Especially I love the Homespun Elegance Sampler, very pretty!!
Can´t wait to see your ornament for April :-)!!!

KarenV said...

Love the Homespun Elegance piece and also Spot of Winter!

Glad your thumb is better now.

Lili said...

These projects are wonderful! Well done, and great choices, as always... Your blog is a real source of inspiration!
Enjoy your week end!

Mayté said...

What a nice finished pieces. I lvoe them. Congrtulations. Love reading thru your blog

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin