Mums Birthday Gift

For mums birthday I stitched EEF 's 'Sweet Rememberence' but I just couldn't think on how to finish it for her, solution solved mum and I were shopping last Saturday and mum wernt into the cancer research charity shop and there on a shelve was this tray which was perfect for finishing Sweet Rememberence.

Photobucket

I have stitched it on 32ct evenweave which was a subtle hand dyed by Polstitches, I used DMC and GAST for the stitching.



More stitchy news I received a lovely tea time exchange from Carol which I will take pictures of tomorrow all being well I had hoped to get them done today but I was so busy I never got chance. I have also finished Katrinas PIF (I hope that you are sitting down Katrina if you are reading this, and I have also done a couple of presents too whilst I was at my parents

I had a great time over at my parents I stayed an extra day due to the weather. I had a wonderful evening with Helen we nattered and stitched and drank wine LOL! - well I drank wine, it was lovely and we had a few great shopping trips out too. I didn't get home until yesterday and today I took as leave from work and started Spring Cleaning - Upstairs is done - tomorrow will be downstairs.
Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you are doing - we are off to another 50th party tomnight so I had better get into the shower!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching ones more and a lovely finished too. Sounds as though you had a GREAT holiday; Mom and sis and shopping and stitching and some wine! Maria S.

Kim B said...

Su-
The tray turned out beautifully! What a wonderful finishing idea! It's also nice to hear that you such a lovely time visiting with your parents.

Anonymous said...

Su, your work is beautiful. Your Mom must feel doubly blessed to have such lovely gifts and such a thoughtful daughter. I must track down the Sweet Remembrance design. Is "EEF" Ewe & Eye & Friends?
Grenae in GA

Katrina said...

Su the tray is stunning! I bet your mom was thrilled with it.

You are too funny, I am sure whatever you made for me, I will love it :-).

Annemarie said...

Oh, what a fantastic finishing idea! Your stitching is, as always, stunning :o)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, what a darling piece!! So pretty!!

staci said...

Stunning finish!!! Sounds like you had a great visit :)

Carol said...

Your mum must be over the moon! What a gorgeous gift!!

Julie said...

Super finish, i love the charity shops, you can find some great bargains in there.

Enjoy your party tonight!

mainely stitching said...

That's such a wonderful gift for Veronica! :D Sounds like a fun time back home!

Joy said...

What a sweet design ~ the sentiment is charming. The tray was the perfect way to finish it. Don't you just love those great finds? A good weekend to you, too!

Stitcher said...

Wow, that tray is perfect. what a great find

Yuko said...

Oh Su, I've found the perfect tray!
Lucky you!
Your mum was so happy to received it, it's so lovely, isn't it!
EEF is my favourite and alawys your stitching is perfect (as always I say, lol)
And your photos are very beautiful, its also as always! :D
Happy weekend!

Sharon said...

Su, that is just gorgeous! Sounds like you have had a wonderful time-what a blessing!

lena-lou said...

Your picture is as pretty as this is IRL :-))) It was a great find, the tray, and looks so perfect. Hope you had a good night out and enjoy the rest of the house cleaning today ;-)))

Elisa said...

Lucky mum...that is a beautiful stitched peice and a beautiful finish too :)

Lynn said...

what a wonderful way to finish off your piece. I love seeing how you do every thing, it's so inspirational :)

Nancy said...

Such a lovely gift - I know your mother was thrilled. You are right that the tray is the perfect finishing touch! How lucky that you found this!

Sally said...

Oh wow, Su, your gift for your Mum is stunning!

Keka Guillén said...

Your finish is stuning, and it's a lovely gift.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a lovely tray! I love the stitching and the finishing to boot :)
I'm ever so glad you had a great time with your parents and drinking wine with Helen...I would like to drink wine with you and Helen too :) Now wouldn't that be a fun time! LOL!

Dani - tkdchick said...

beautiful and unique gift!

Carol said...

A lovely gift for your Mum Su and a perfect finish for this piece!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Su - I imagine your mum is thrilled to bits!

Carla said...

What a beatiful birthday gift for your mom!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

That is so sweet and the tray is perfect!! What a lovely gift.

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Fantastico!!! Complimenti!

Julianne said...

Su,

What a wonderful gift for your mother. The sentiment is very touching.

sammyjo said...

wow this is really wonderful i bet your mum loved it.

Karan said...

What a brilliant finishing idea - it sets your piece off to perfection. :0)

Lennu said...

This is such a lovely gift! A great idea to finish a stitched work like this. You've received beautiful exchanges as well and everything you stitch is wonderful, as always :)

Concetta said...

Oh Su, this tray you made for your mum is stunning - love, love, love! I can just spend hours upon hours looking at your beautiful blog.

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous piece, I love they sentiment, can I please ask who the designer EEF is?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin