From Water features to Onions

We have been doing a bit of work in the gardens over this Bank holiday weekend and before, as I may have mentioned in an earlier week, Maark and the nephews pulled down a tree and made me a water feature. It will look much nicer when all the Hostas have grown around it and the climbing Hydrangea is in flower.
But I must admit, I'm quite pleased with it.


The onions I will tell more later.... blogger is playing up. Whoppee at last its working, now the onions, Mark and I are members of an Onion Club and we grow BIG onions and show them later in the year, at the moment I'm beating Mark over the last 5years and get placed higher than him!!!LOL!!! These are my onions potted up in readiness to take up to the allotment then I can get them planted out of the pots into the ground, its fun and we quite enjoy it all, it also involves a lot of social time as there are 30 of us in the group.

8 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

What a pretty spot! :)

Carol said...

Oh Su! Your water feature is gorgeous! I wish I could find a way to stitch one into your neighborhood for you!!!

Von said...

Love your water feature, Su! We hope to put one in a corner of our back yard with all our landscaping this spring - can hardly wait!

Dianne said...

Oh, a gardener too! I think every garden needs a water feature and this is lovely.
Good luck with the onions! I'd love to try pumpkins, but we have critters who eat them.

Shell said...

love the water feature.The onions look like they are doing well.I always like to look at the fruit and veg contests at local shows in the Summer.The way they display them all in rows and they all have to be the same size.Good look with your onions :)

Annemarie said...

Ah, I was thinking about your onions just the other day. When's the contest this year?
Love your water feature, by the way. Bra-less Charlie would be proud!

natty68 said...

I love your water feature Susi :) And wow on your onions, now dont forget you have to post pictures of your full grown onions before you show them :)

*Hugs*

lena-lou said...

Love the water feature that will look really pretty later in the summer....good onion shoots....best of luck with them..got to keep the girls side up!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin