Sent and received


This wonderful book is what I received from Vaida as we were part of the Swap exchange which Dear Nina has organised. I was truely awestruck when I received this beautifyl book as I have yearned for one for the longest time and Vaida is one of the most talented stitchers and finishers out in blogland - Thankyou so much for this wonderful treasure, its by one of my favourite designers of course which is Blackbird Designs and is stitchd on 32ct platinum linen.......... and also I received the scrummiest handmade biscuits from her daughter, they are perfect to have with my coffee, and I have almost ate them all now.




This is what I stitched and sent to Nina for the same 'swap' (we sent to different people, not to who was sending to us)its by Miss Cresents Crowne and is in the new JCS ornament magazine, I loved this as soon as I saw it and thought it would be perfect for her, I used my own choice of threads and finished it as a flat ornament, I added extras such as the beads on the garland (which don't show up to well) to give it a little sparkle. I have stitched it on 32ct white linen.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Gifts both given and received are gorgeous! I love the red bird you stitched Su, and if you enlarge the photo you can see the beads in the garland perfect. They give it such a pretty sparkle!

Laurie in Iowa said...

The BD book is gorgeous. You're one lucky gal! The bird ornament is very sweet.

Barbi said...

I love bird ornaments, and stitched ones are the best kind! Both sent & recieved ones are great

Christine said...

Two lovely exchange pieces. The beads really add a twinkle to the red bird ornament

Theresa said...

Beautiful gifts~ Both sent and received!!!

Andrea said...

Beautiful gifts.

Vaida said...

I'm happy that you like the book :)))!

And your birdy is so sweet, with all these small festive beads...

Karan said...

Gorgeous exchange pieces, both sent & received. Pretty baubles too. :0)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin