Summer Quaker exchange



Elisabeth was the recipient of my stitching for the Summer Quaker exchange and I knew immediately what I was going to stitched for her, its Quaker Swan by The Workbasket.
I've stitched it 1/1 on pilstitches hand dyed fabric in a soft perwinkle blue and I used the cream in Kaaluund hand-dyed silk threads to do it there is subtle shading on this cream which 1/1 doesn't really show well. I then couldn't decide how to finish it. So after some thought and fiddling about with pencil and paper drawing finishing ideas I opted out for a pinkeep as it was simple and I felt that I wanted a more simple finish, then I thought it looked really plain when I had done the pinkeep so I took the ribbon off I had put on and did the twiddly ribbon finish using 2 shades of voile ribbon, in amongst that ribbon are some cream headed pins.

20 comments:

Barbara said...

Holy smokes, Su, that's an incredibly beautiful project! You create the most fantastic projects!!

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Gorgeous! You are the Queen of Ruching! Beautiful colors and stitching, too.

Oh and I love the pillow you made for Nicki.

lena-lou said...

The Swan looks lovely 1/1 and pretty blues you have used with it too :)

Karoline said...

It's a gorgeous pinkeep Su, congratulations

Vonna said...

Stunning job Su :) My summer quaker, hasn't been received yet :(
But I did a similiar twiddly ribbon deal as you :)

I love the swan and the blues are super! Great job as always!

Julie said...

a very girly finish, it's superb

staci said...

So beautiful!!! Lovely colors and exquisite finishing :)

Nancy said...

This is just beautiful, as always. I admire your finishings, and you always have such wonderful ideas to make your items so special.

Nancy

Heather said...

I'm a sucker for blues, anyway, but this is just gorgeous. I love the ribbon!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful pinkeep, the ribbon looks great!

KarenV said...

It's really pretty - congratulations.

Linda litlaskvis said...

Ooooh! That one sure is pretty!
I would love it (if you don't mind) if you could share your drawings of finishing ideas. I have never heard of anyone doing that, so I am very curious to see them :)

Carla said...

Lovely pinkeep...love the ribbon!

Barbara said...

Love the ribbons, they look great!

Katrina said...

Love it, it's so feminine and delicate :-).

Carol said...

Very pretty Su, another fantastic finish! :o)

Sally said...

That is beautiful Su.

Sharon said...

Absolutely gorgeous-love the colors!

ElisabethB said...

Yes I have been very spoiled !!! Thank you again Su :-)

tkdchick said...

Very Pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin