My first 2007 project finished
This is the project I started that has grew and grew. The design is by Aux fils des Reves and I have wanted to stitch it for ages, but I didn't want to do it in the colours given in the kit, so I finally decided to stitch it using soi d'alger silk thread in soft pinks and blues and greens on 36ct linen fabric and I was happy with how it looked.
I already had a biscuit tin and I knew I wanted to finish it as a padded tin lid, but thats when my idea just sort of grew a bit. I lined the inside with co-ordinating material, the darker pink I received from Annemarie and the lighter one I already had in my stash. I then padded the inside of the lid using the darker fabric and made a pocket with the lighter colour and added some thread rings.
Then of course the tin was empty so using parts of the design I made a wee pin keeper and a small scissor fob, the pin keeper is edged with the same crochet white lace I had used for the tin top - I just had enough left to do it. I used small glass headed pins in pale pink and white around the pin keep. On the back of the wee fob I have stitched my initials.
So this is the finished project Atelier de Brodeuse by Aux fils des Reves