THANKYOU


Thankyou everyone so much for your lovely lovely words and support, you really are all so very lovely, thankyou too for the cards I have received at home as well, I honestly appreciate it all and so does my family - I have passed on your words to them to.

Its very strange not having dad about or speaking to him on the phone and I know how strange and upsetting it is to mum too after all he was her husband, but Mum is doing OK as we all are Helen my sister has been amazing with her living so close to mum she has beenand still is a terrific help and support for her. My brother and I have been doing as much as we can as well I had the weekend gone over with mum and saw everyone too, and I'm making plans for the bank holiday/Easter to spend with mum again.

My best friend and her son are taking life a day at a time at the moment but are gradually returning to normality, both are going back to work again tomorrow, which is good and luckily there appears no lasting scars on her face and around her eyes, which is a good thing.

Work is settled again for the time being - I hate not knowing if I am going to be out of work and it keeps happening at the moment I really could do without that worry!!

I've still not done much in the way of finishing work, but have stitched a couple more small things, I'm also working on Finch Song. I will hopefully have something to share by the weekend as long as everything goes OK in my distracted world.

Ooo and Harry says to say Hello to his fans, he has grown such a lot but is still as cute as a button, and his training is coming along well.
Hugs and grateful thanks to you all

 

20 comments:

Carol R said...

Good to see you posting again Su - hugs to you all!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

{{{hugs}}}, Su - even though I live thousands of miles from my father, I couldn't imagine life without him, so I feel your pain. I'm glad that your sister lives close to your mum - I know that must be of great comfort to her at the moment; I'm glad that you will be able to spend some time with her over the Easter break.

barbara said...

Sending loving hugs to you and your wonderful family, Su!!

Annemarie said...

Aww, dear Harry. Can't wait to see how much he's grown :o)

It must be wonderful for your Mum to have Helen so closeby (and for Helen, too!), so they can support and comfort each other. And you have Harry... Aren't our beasties the best comforters in the world?

Take care, Su. Sending big hugs your way.

Christine said...

Hi Su, thanks for taking the time to pop in and let us know how you are doing.
((Hugs))

Barb said...

Thanks for the update Su, -take care -hugs for you and yours.

Poppypatchwork said...

Great to see you here again, I too know how hard it is to want to speak to your dad if only once more, it will pass. But mine is always with me, I often think of him, and he's been gone 25 years.

Hazel said...

Big hugs Su. xx

Kate said...

Nice to see you posting Su. Lovely that you are all supporting each other - families are the best!

Julie said...

Lovely to see a post from you Su, i've been thinking of you. Take care xx

Crazee4books said...

Hi Sue,

It's nice to have you checking in
and letting everyone know how you
and your family are coping at this
difficult time. You are lucky to
have each other to turn to and
depend on and that's what will be
the biggest comfort and strength
for each of you in the coming year.

Also good to know that your friend
and her son are getting back to
their normal routine. Hope that
things continue to improve for
them as well.

Say Hi back to Harry for me.

Cheers!

Nancy said...

Hello Su,
I was so sorry to read about your Dad. I know your Mum must miss him so. It sounds like you are doing well under the circumstances, and I hope the fond memories you have will soon bring you smiles. Glad Harry is doing well too! Give him a puppy hug from me.

Pam said...

I'm very sorry for your loss, but I ma glad to see you back at your blog. It does get easier, one day at a time

Sherry said...

I am glad to see you posting again. Once again, I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is never easy and takes alot out of you. Even though my dad has been gone almost two years, I still have regular conversations with him while looking at his picture.

Elisa said...

Glad to see you back again...sending hugs to you all xx

Sherry said...

I am so sorry about your dad. It does take time to grieve. My thoughts are with you all.

Michelle said...

So glad you are back to blogging! Just wondering if you might include pics of your stitching room! I'd love to see it! Hugs, Michelle

Deb said...

Dearest Su, It's so good to see your note. There's no doubt in my mind that this is a heart-breaking time for all of you this Christmas. I still break down when I hear many of the traditional songs, missing my loved ones who have gone on ahead of me and my children. The rawness of your loss can't comfort you this time, Su. There is the love of your mum, Helen and other family members to blunt the pain, thank God. I pray every good blessing for you and them as you make your way back to "normal" in 2012. So many of us hold you and Helen dear in our hearts and minds...and we pray for your mum, too.
Love and hugs,
Deb/LavenderRoseRamblings and
TheBookishDame
PS: not getting much stitching done, myself! :]

Susi said...

Hello Susi,
This is Susi. I follow your blog and thought about you when I was awarded with the Liebster Blog Award, so I am pasing it to you for having such a lovely blog.
Susi
http://siouxsiexs.wordpress.com/

Marie said...

I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. I wish you and your family the strength needed to endure such a huge loss. {{{Hugs}}}

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin